We’re back and ready to serve you!
We are grateful to announce that Ortho K Specialty is reopening slowly. Starting at the end of May, we will be welcoming new and existing patients back to our office!
We have been working hard behind the scenes to comply with recommendations of the New York State Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Proper personal protective equipment is in place to serve our patients and we have taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our patients, families, and staff members.
Office & Clinic Protocols
‣ Patient screenings will be implemented for the safety of our staff as well as our patients. We will ask you to complete a Covid-19 wellness form before your appointment. This will be sent via text and must be completed before coming to the office.
If you or anyone that you have come in contact with has tested positive to the COVID-19 (coronavirus); or if you are showing signs or symptoms of the flu or the virus (which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.); or if you have recently traveled outside the US, please call the office and reschedule your appointment to a later date.
‣ We have spaced out appointments to ensure the minimal volume of patients in our waiting area.
‣ Increased protective gear for all staff members.
‣ Frequent disinfecting of common areas with medical-grade disinfectants is scheduled around the clock. We sanitize all equipment and patient contact surfaces after every use and again at the end of the day.
‣ Slight changes in our office layout to assist in appropriate distancing.
Suggested Guidelines For Our Patients
‣ We require face covering for your appointment. This includes the patient and guardian. Types of face coverings: non-medical masks, bandanas, scarves, etc. You may also wear gloves, but we will ask the patient to remove them to wash hands.
‣ We suggest only having one guardian accompany the child/patient to the office. If the patient is 12 years old and older, he/she may visit without a parent/guardian. The checkup will be discussed over a call or video call.
‣ Curbside Waiting Room: Please notify us upon arrival. We recommend staying in your parked car until we are ready to see you.
‣ Please observe social distancing. Keep 6 feet apart from others and staff.
‣ Soap and hand sanitizers will be available during your visit.
‣ We also ask our patients to put their Ortho K lenses in flat cases instead of their cleaning cases.
– – – – – – – – – –
We thank you for understanding as we all attempt to adjust to the current conditions. Our practice is proud to serve our community and we can’t wait to see our patients again!
For appointments and scheduling, please respond to this email or give us a call at (646) 798 -7140 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Cho. Starting in June, our clinic is open Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Ortho K Specialty Staff